Recipe courtesy Vincent Lee, Barman, Lucy Restaurant & Bar, Yountville, California
- 10 cucumber slices, divided
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 ounces Hendrick's Gin
- ½ ounce fresh beet purée
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce ginger syrup (recipe below)
- ½ ounce The King’s Ginger Liqueur
- ½ ounce St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Fever-Tree Soda Water, to top
- Cucumber, for garnish
Muddle 6 cucumber slices and the basil leaves in a mixing glass. Add the gin, beet purée, lemon juice, ginger syrup, ginger liqueur and St-Germain, and shake well. Strain the mixture into an ice-filled lowball glass, and top with soda water. Garnish with the remaining cucumber slices.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4-inch piece of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
In a small pot, simmer water and sugar until combined. Add ginger and continue to simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool, then strain. Chill the syrup before using.