Recipe courtesy of Freddy Diaz, AlembiQ Incorporated
- 1½ ounces gin
- ¾ ounce Cointreau
- ¾ ounce freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- ½ ounce lemongrass-infused orange blossom honey (recipe below)
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed orange or clementine juice
- 1 dash Fee Brothers Grapefruit Bitters
- 1 ounce club soda
- 2 mint sprigs, for garnish
Combine all ingredients but club soda and mint to a cocktail shaker. Add ice, shake vigorously and strain over fresh ice into a Collins glass. Top with 1 ounce club soda and garnish with 2 mint sprigs.
Lemongrass-Infused Orange Blossom Honey
- 4 ounces orange blossom honey
- 4 ounces water
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, with tough outer leaves and bottom 2 inches of stalk discarded (may use 2 stalks if more intense flavor is desired)
Slightly smash lemongrass stalk(s) to release oils and cut into ½-inch slices. Heat orange blossom honey and water in a medium saucepan until almost boiling. Remove from heat and add lemongrass. Let steep for 1–2 hours or until desired flavor is achieved. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain to remove the lemongrass slices.